PG&E’s Commercial HVAC Optimization Program is a market transformation effort administered by PG&E. The intent of the program is to show customers what a thorough predictive maintenance plan can offer them in terms of equipment cost reductions and energy efficiency. The funds provided by this program will allow you to introduce the customer to a new way of maintaining their equipment that, in the long run, actually costs them less than the typical “run to fail” option chosen by most customers.
The Commercial HVAC Optimization Program is a great deal for you and your customers. Designed to maximize the efficiency of your customers’ existing rooftop units, the program pays incentives directly to you and your customers for participating in an Optimization Program.
How to participate:
- Verify Contractor and Technician program eligibility
- CONTACT US to be enrolled and trained
- Gain access to the Contractor Portal
- Meet with the customer to discuss the benefits of the HVAC Optimization Program
- Verify customer and equipment program eligibility
- Conduct an Inventory and Assessment (I&A) at the customer’s site to determine the number, size and type of qualifying units
- Develop a personalized Maintenance Plan for the customer’s qualifying units
- Discuss ANSI/ASHRAE/ACCA Standard 180 standards with your customer and explain why ANSI/ASHRAE/ACCA Standard 180 is more valuable to them than standard maintenance or “run to fail”
- Prepare a one-year Service Agreement with the customer (or modify an existing agreement)
- Fill out the Service Agreement Addendum (found on the Contractor Portal)
- Complete the Customer Incentive Application and submit to the HVAC Optimization Program implementer
- Perform a set of Energy Efficiency (EE) Tasks to bring the qualifying units up to the HVAC Optimization Program baseline performance standards
This link is password protected and requires full program enrollment and training before access is granted: