To become an approved PG&E HVAC Optimization Service Contractor you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be in business for a minimum of five years
- Employ a minimum of three full-time certified HVAC technicians (trade school with a minimum of five years’ service experience)
- Meet financial stability requirements which may include credit report
- Comply with PG&E background check requirements for each field employee
- Provide three local references from commercial customers with contracts of $10,000 or greater for a period of more than three years
- Carry the minimum insurance requirements
- Present proof of a minimum of a C-20 and/or C-10 license (C-10 can only provide EVC installation services.)
In order for technicians to be eligible to participate, they must satisfy the below Optimization Program requirements:
- Completion of a union or certified trade school HVAC Training Program or have a minimum of verifiable HVAC service experience.
- Hold a Universal or Class II EPA Certificate.
- Have a minimum of two years’ commercial HVAC service experience.
- Avoided conviction of a felony or misdemeanor within the past seven years.
If you meet these minimum requirements and would like to enroll, Sign Up Today.
Once approved, all participating contractors receive comprehensive training designed on the ANSI/ASHRAE/ACCA Standard 180-based QM Service program.
Maintaining Contractor Eligibility
In order to maintain eligibility in the program you must:
Maintain License, bonding and insurance as required by the CSLB and the Contractor Participation Agreement for this program.
Maintain an 80% pass rate on all Quality Assurance inspections of units enrolled in the program.
Maintain 2 technicians trained in the program requirements at all times.
Enroll no less than 25 units per quarter as part of the market transformation effort.
Contractors that fail to meet this requirement are notified, placed on an “inactive” status, and removed from the “Find a Participating Contractor” list.